Thursday, July 18, 2013

A Poem

Hello and Blessed Be!
I wanted to share with you a poem that I wrote called "I am a Pagan". This poem came about as a way for me to reconnect with my path after spending a long period of time in an environment where I could not continue my usual practices. I recite this poem to myself whenever I'm feeling lost and I even wrote it in my Book of Shadows (which is a book that is usually used by Wiccans that acts as a manual and record of their religious path and includes things such as spells, prayers, rituals, essays, poems, recipes, tables of correspondences, etc, essentially anything that is meaningful or important to them). 

I am a Pagan
My mother is Selene,
My father is Pan,
My brother is the Raven,
And my sister is the Wolf.

My family are the animals large and small
My friends are the plants a many,
And my ancestors are the countless stars that smile down upon me.

My body is that of the Goddess,
But I carry the fire of the God in my heart,
And even though I am a child of this Earth,
My head is often in the clouds.

My temple is the majestic forests,
My home is where ever I lay my head,
And my final resting place will be that land of eternal summer,
Across the vast sea of tears,
In the realm that exists beyond the veil.


Obviously there is much more to my religious identity than this, however I find this to be a good summery and a good way to remind myself of who I am. If this inspires anyone else to write a poem about religious identity (feel free to follow this form or create your own), or if you have already written something like this, I would love to read them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment