Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Another Revelatory Dream

Hello and Blessed Be!
So last night I had many dreams (as I kept waking up, falling back to sleep, and waking up again because of the cat) and one of those dreams stands out in my mind more than any of the others. I wouldn't really describe it as a typical dream as it was more like a montage of images and in each one there was the figure of  the Greek God Pan, either looking on or partaking in what was shown. Pan watched as the tree buds began to open, Pan was dancing around a bonfire with party goers, Pan stood among the cedars as the sun rose over the swamp, Pan was picking flowers with a little girl in a meadow, and the list of images I saw in my dream goes on and on. When I awoke I felt a sense of profound peace. This dream made me realize that the God(s)/Divine(s)/Spirit(s) or whatever higher power/energy you believe in isn't something that is intangible or out of reach but is something that is found all around us and within us. We can experience the Gods (or whatever you believe in) when the seasons change, during the first snow, when we hold someone we love, and in almost anything we see or do, we just have to open ourselves up to it.
This dream got me thinking about whether I had any revelatory dreams before (which reminded me of the ant dream and led me to write the previous post) and whether dreams can truly be more than just our brains keeping busy while we sleep. I'm still not sure of what I think about it but that feeling of having gained insight is hard to shake.
What do you think? Are dreams a portal to the soul or inner-self? Can we gain insight and learn personal and life truths from dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment