Friday, November 2, 2012

Hello and Blessed Be

Hello and Blessed Be!
I am known to my online friends as Raven Song but you can also call me The Pagan Raven, and as you may have guessed this is my new online home, or "nest" if you prefer. I am creating this blog as a way to further my own Eclectic Wiccan tradition and to hopefully help others out on their own path.
I live in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, which is both a great and terrible place to be a Pagan. It's great because you are literally surrounded by nature even in our cities and we experience four very diverse seasons which is nice for someone who celebrates the Wheel of the Year. It is a terrible place however because, as with everyone else up here, we are widely spread out making large scale events almost impossible. Also the population is largely Christian so many people are in the "broom closet" for fear of discrimination, and there are very few shops tailored for our needs (something I plan to change, but more on that in another post). As an Eclectic Wiccan who worships the Greek and Egyptian Pantheons my posts will have a largely Wiccan flavor and will often mention Greek and Egyptian deities. However I am very eclectic and am interested in other mythologies and the various Pantheons of the world so you can expect some variety. My posts will also usually be gender neutral, but since I am a woman I am sure to get the urge to write about womanly topics from time to time.
I hope you enjoy my musings, rantings, and monologues that are to follow and I also hope to receive feed back from you because it is through the exchange of ideas that we all grow on our paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment